HIPS plastic It is often used as a supporting material for 3D printing of composite products made of ABS polymer. The finished model is placed in a special citrus composition d-Limonene, dissolving HIPS. However, due to its excellent performance characteristics, similarity in technical parameters with ABS plastic, it can also act as the main raw material for printing.
HIPS plastic is made of polystyrene and polybutadiene. This is a high-quality filament, thanks to which you can create unique models on a 3D printer.
The main features of HIPS plastic for 3D printing are:
- Eco-friendly and safe material for humans.
- It is resistant to low and high temperatures.
- Finished products have a matte surface texture.
- It is not subject to decomposition, resistant to chemical influences.
- In the unpainted state, the thread has a bright, milky color.
- Easy for post-processing material.
Various types of dishes are often made from HIPS plastic, since it is not a carcinogenic material.
The finished model can be sanded, painted, brought to the desired shape with the help of special tools, polished. The catalog presents threads with a diameter of 1.75 and 2.85 mm. Coils by weight: 0.5, 0.75, 2 kg.